Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Hot and Cold

I managed to fit the Sunday night Bloggerment in this week. I had registered the previous week, but unregistered just before the start, as I was just too tired to see it through

I surprised myself by making it through to 5th place. Not in the cash, but considering the way my tourney play has been going recently, it was pretty good. I was card dead for most of the game, and I eventually reached the stage of having to push to stay ahead of the blinds.

I seemed very quiet, then I realised that Burnley Mik was on holiday.

I am spending most of my poker playing time in the cash games, where I am very slowly building my bank roll (need to resist donking it off again in the SNGs!) I'm trying to wait for the premium hands, and maximise what I can get from those hands. I do throw the occasional bluff in, which, as I establish a tight image, generally come off. I'm generally seeing less than 20% of the flops.

I'm hoping to be a bit less tired in the future, as, at work, we are recruiting, so some of the more tedious and repetitive work I do will get passed over to somebody new, and this should let me concentrate on the more interesting areas. As my wife is still ill (another MRI scan this weekend) I can't afford to be knackered all the time.