Sunday, February 03, 2008

Whoops, that was a long time between posts!

Hello once again loyal reader. After a gap of 6 weeks I've summoned up the energy for a post.

In the news -

1. I didn't get the job. In fact, no one was appointed, and the position has been re-advertised. I am officially not better than nothing.

2. Christmas was a nice, calm family affair. Excessive quantities of alcohol were not consumed.

3. Poker playing is, as usual, up and down. My attempt to build my bankroll from almost nothing on Mansion is stalled. I've been as high as $120, and back down to $70.

4. My wife has been back to the consultant neurosurgeon, who is the most obnoxious, arrogant member of the medical profession it has ever been my misfortune to meet. As far as he is concerned because he has fixed the slipped disc, there can't be anything wrong with her. Obviously she is just using that wheelchair for fun..... Back to the GP if I can ever persuade her to visit a doctor again after this experience.