Monday, June 18, 2007

And now, in more detail....

So, another Sunday, another Britbloggerment, and I was not at all happy with my performance. I could blame it on being tired - my wife is home, but can't walk more than 10 yards, the kids have activities galore (I'm going to cub camp overnight on Friday, I've packed my tent!), and I'm sick of ironing (and I'm not very good at it). However, I think it more likely that I just played badly.

Things started well, with this hand early on:

Dealt to stephenrhall [Jd Jh]
stephenrhall: raises 80 to 100
weegem: folds
Al Eleven: raises 180 to 280
Spid: folds
mikesaban: folds
Luckbox21: folds
lzfsb3: folds
stephenrhall: calls 180
*** FLOP *** [8h 6h 3h]
stephenrhall: bets 320
Al Eleven: raises 950 to 1270 and is all-in
stephenrhall: calls 940 and is all-in
*** TURN *** [8h 6h 3h] [5s]
*** RIVER *** [8h 6h 3h 5s] [Tc]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
stephenrhall: shows [Jd Jh] (a pair of Jacks)
Al Eleven: shows [Ts Qs] (a pair of Tens)
stephenrhall collected 3110 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Al Eleven had just said his wife was dragging him out, so, I felt there was a good chance he didn't have much, and my Jacks held up. He says he expects me to return the favour next time!

His attempts to get rid of his chips didn't go too well, as he then quadrupled his 10 chips up to 40 with 2 4o (flopped a pair of 4s) and then hit a straight with 67o to move up to 110. Eventually though, he had to go, his 63d unluckily beaten by ATo ;)

The next landmark was being dealt the hammer. Lzfsb3, short stacked, raised preflop, and I of course re-raised him. A flop of KK4 and he puts the rest of his chips in the middle. I call, and he shows 7c2s, so we split the pot.

A couple more players out, and one table closes. Joining us are Rosie, PokerMunk3y and simonjjj. A few hands later I'm dealt AdQs on the button. Rosie raises 3BB, and I reraise. I flop of 7c 6d 7h, and I raise. Rosie says "Ok, I give it a try" and pushes. I take a guess that she's holding something like AT or AJ, but, my reading is often not very good. I have her covered and decide to call. She shows 9Tc, and a 9 on the turn puts her in front. However, a queen on the turn puts her out, and I find myself the chip leader.

Around the same time BurnleyMik pops up in the chat, also having just gone out. I took a look at the state of the game overall, and noticed that Lousaban had gone out second, and, as Al Eleven doesn't have a blog, asked if she would be looking after the monkey. Mike didn't think much of that idea.

Things started to go down hill at this point. I was dealt the hammer again, and, raising pre-flop, the short stacked weegem went over the top. I called, and discovered I was not lookng too good, against his K9c. I did get a 2 on the turn, but as he'd already flopped top pair, that wasn't much good. First big lump of chips donked off.

I went card dead after this, until after some time I was dealt AJ. I raise 4BB up to 500. Simonjjj went all in with his 795. Spid called, and so did I. Flop was 4s 9s Qs.

For reasons I can't satisfactorily explain I went all in with my last 1357 chips. Spid called, with a pair of jacks. Simonjjj had a pair of tens. A ten on the river gives Simon a set, and all my chips.

League table to follow, after the weather report.