Monday, May 07, 2007

BritBloggerment 7 - The Results

And the winner is -


ME!

Actually that isn't strictly true. I won the second chance tournament. And as only 4 of us entered, that isn't the great achievement it might sound. Though I did finish ahead of some mighty players - Cloud, ResdentEvil. Oh, and BurnleyMik played too ;) Whilst I wouldn't want to make a habit of playing HORSE (I really suck at Omaha!) this was great fun - thanks for playing guys.

In the main event, results took a rather different turn, previous high flyers Spid, ResdentEvil, and Al Eleven leaving the game early. BurnleyMik and I both failed to make the final table. We had a new player this week - mauzj, AKA The Edge, who NEVER SHUTS UP! he makes BurnleyMik look shy and retiring. Our resident celebrity SuffolkPunch also joined us. He's trying to steal the Hairy Gymnast crown, but Cloud still reigns supreme!

The eventual winner was TanOrpheus, who was heads up against Zagga. Third was Simonjjj, and this weeks unfortunate bubble girl, after a great comeback,was Rosie. Doing the walk of shame was Bullmeister, who hasn't got a blog, so can't post the monkey!

As far as it went for me, well, the dealer obviously had it in for me, and I had very few cards worth playing. This was made worse by having a very agressive TanOrpheus on my right, who was making a lot of preflop raises, so any marginal cards I received were priced out of the game, and opportunities for stealing were virtually nil. I'm sure that mauzj will be able to tell us all exactly how many times Tan raised preflop - what was the name of that software again? It wasn't mentioned much so I can't quite remember. My personal statistics - played 133 hands, saw 11 flops (8% - a little too tight methinks), won 2 out of 5 at showdown (ouch) and won 12 without showdown. I probably should have called more of Tan's raises - my passivity putting me in a position where I had to push.

I eventually went out in tenth place; with my stack dwindling away, I pushed with JJ. Mauzj called with AK0, and the Ace on the river sent me home.

Updated league table below - no change at the top, with Cloud, me, ResdentEvil and Al Eleven all finishing outside the points, but a big move up the table from Zagga, who is really running well at the moment.




the_cloud71
23

stephenrhall
22

ResdentEvil
22

Zagga

22

Al Eleven
21

Simonjj

19

PokerMunk3y
18

TanOrpheus

18

Spid
14

Rosie_m_t
13

cadmunkey
11

lightning36
11

Quixote8
11

lzfsb3
9

Sir Fortune
9

Pokerdwarf
8

sookraboaby
8

Katitude
7

LepRecon777
7

BurnleyMik
6

S.t.b
6

SuffolkPunch
7

weegem

5

lousaban
4

a104l9
4

mauzj

4

mikesaban
2

AlCantHang
2

wadhead
0

Neil Ross
0

countryk
0

mookie99
0

4everleeds
0