Monday, May 21, 2007

Orpheus out of the Underworld

Updated Bloggerment league table - my slide continues, and TanOrpheus continues to storm upwards, as he beats newcomer kennl. Cloud picks up some points to keep his place at the top.

BurnleyMik made it to the final table thanks to me generously busting out in 10th place, and BMs inability to fold AK. He says it was an accident. A king on the turn and he takes the hand. I'm down to 185. I did make a bit of a comeback, thanks to LepRecon777 generously doubling me up twice. The first time I went all-in with AJo. Lep called with 8 5d. No improvement for either of us and I take the pot. A few hands later and I'm just ahead of Lep in chips. He goes all-in preflop and I call with AQo. He flips over A9o. A queen on the flop and I double up again. I double again courtesy of BM with a full house, but my comeback hits a brick wall as, drunk on my success, I run pocket sixes into kennl's KJ on a flop of JJT. Out in 10th again, and no final table again. BurnleyMik obviously couldn't take the rarified atmosphere of the final table, and soon followed me out in 9th place.

I actually got called a maniac this week. What's wrong with all-in with A4 anyway? I split the pot, so no harm done ;-)



the_cloud71
34



ResdentEvil
31



Zagga
29



PokerMunk3y
25



TanOrpheus
27


stephenrhall
21



Al Eleven
21


Simonjj

19



cadmunkey
17



Pokerdwarf
14


Spid
14


Rosie_m_t
13



lightning36
11


Quixote8
18


Katitude
10


lzfsb3
9


Sir Fortune
9


weegem
9


mauzj
9



sookraboaby
8


Kennl

8



LepRecon777
7


SuffolkPunch
7



BurnleyMik
7



S.t.b
6


lousaban
6



countryk
5


a104l9
4


mikesaban
2


AlCantHang
2


wadhead
0


Neil Ross
0


mookie99
0


4everleeds
0